Mattson Mini Modular Forum Index Mattson Mini Modular
Support and Community for the MMM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oh boy oh boy oh boy this stuff looks GREAT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mattson Mini Modular Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaft9000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: oh boy oh boy oh boy this stuff looks GREAT! Reply with quote

WOW

Congratulations George!

Kudos for designing, building and offering a brand-new unique modular portable system!!!

You don't know me yet, but judging by everything I've seen, this system may well become my first proper modular.

The main appeal here is portability, age and price. I would absolutely love to have a Synthi, EML, or Arp but the age and/or prices are deterring.

The new MMM case seems to promise an ideal solution. I was about set on getting an AS System to use in-studio, but this changes everything...

Looking forward to ordering from you in due time,

Dave Gerry
shaft9000
sjones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and I agree with you on all points (and the reasons why I purchased one on the release day). I got to see one of the first two prototypes in person last night and also make some of the sounds samples and I can say, any size you think it is now, its SMALLER than that. Think of a USPS Flate Rate prior mail box. That is basically the size of one of the module cabinets.

I did get a peek on the inside, there is a metal rack which the modules are screwed into at four points. On the inside, there are interconnect cables not exactly like, but similar to hard drive power cables. The power distribution is done through these cables to PCBs mounted on the backing board which mux the power to the modules around that PCB.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of it while it was opened up .. George didn't want to show it that way, but I know everyone wants a peek at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mattson Mini Modular Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: