Mattson Mini Modular Forum Index Mattson Mini Modular
Support and Community for the MMM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custom faceplate covers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mattson Mini Modular Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: custom faceplate covers Reply with quote

what's the material the faceplate covers was printed on? if we'd want to do as George suggested on Matrixsynth and print our own customized covers, where would we find the material? Anybody have a link? What does it cost and how do you cut or punch holes in it?
sjones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the 'downloads' link on the website:

http://mmm.sevcom.com/downloads.html

Just added the DPP files that were created with Serif DrawPlus. Now you'll be able to create your own.

If you really want to be DIY what you could do is print them out with a decent quality consumer laserprinter on heavy paper and then use something like a GBC personal laminator to protect them.
GMattson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Graphics paper Reply with quote

Just so it's clear.

My graphics guy crapped out on me and didn't even respond until halfway through the "release" week. He wrote;" I have one page ready, do you still need these?" He was supposed to be printing them on adhesive vinyl and has a plotter-cutter that trims them up and cuts the holes within .001"

I didn't have time to reply to him. I did exactly what I told people they can do. We printed them on a matte finish photo paper, glued them on with a glue stick, trimmed them up with a Xacto knife, mounted the components and took pictures. On to the next one.

That's why I was so busy. We were scrambling trying to keep up with the release pace and still take care of other important things. I really didn't need that.

One person drops the ball and.......................

We couldn't make sound bites because I had modules spread all over my office.
knob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. Hearing a little more about the development answers many of the questions. For some reason I thought you'd done a small run of boards and already had built a few units. It must have been a crazy week trying to get everything finished. Probably a lot of fun too in retrospect.
Senso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Decals Reply with quote

Guy D2 posted some decals he designed on http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/
Check his post of 9-23-2007. He is offering to do more of them and make them freely available if there is enough interest, so add your comments to his post if you want him to continue the good work
"In the 1970s, the electronic musical market was so hot that you could take five pounds of dog shit, put it in a paper bag and if you could get it to make a sound, you could sell it as a musical instrument." - Bob Moog -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mattson Mini Modular Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: